With just a few short weeks of our school year to go, we are looking ahead to summer. Here are a few highlights for May-June 2017:
- Our Nutrition Services Department received a grant to purchase upgraded kitchen equipment, and the installation process will take much of our summer break. We are not able to provide meals or programs this June, but will distribute information on other summer resources.
- Summer just got shorter! We return to classes on Monday, July 24th. Open House is scheduled for Friday, July 21st.
- Concordia’s Night at the Diamondbacks Game was a great success! Many of our families and staff attended and cheered our home team on to a 9-3 victory over the San Diego Padres. The school was also recognized as a recipient of the Dbacks Foundation School Challenge Grant, which helped fund our new Google Expeditions Classroom Kit!
April 2017 is busy here at Concorida
Wednesday, April 12- Google Expeditions Kick Off Event begins at 9:00 a.m. We invite our generous supporters, including the Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation, University of Phoenix, and Mesa Community College, to join students and families in this fun celebration!
Concordia will be at the Tuesday, April 25th Diamondbacks game too!
March 2017: Spring is almost here!
As the weather warms up, our classrooms are working hard to keep learning exciting. Students have done an amazing job with their AR Reading goals and will enjoy a dress-down & hat day this month. We also enjoy several field trips before our Spring Break. AZ Merit testing begins shortly after break too. Our instructional staff will be exploring our brand-new Google Expeditions Kit to incorporate exciting new experiences to classroom learning, and we can’t wait to share more about this in upcoming months! We continue to give thanks for the support of our community partners throughout the year.
February 2017: Astronomy Night & Arizona’s Birthday
We recently enjoyed an amazing Family Night centered around the STARS! Students and their families extended learning about Astronomy through hands-on activities and games, and then had an opportunity to see the moon, Venus, and some other stars through high-powered telescopes. Our sincere thanks goes to the East Valley Astronomy Club!
Did you know? February 14th is our state’s birthday! Students will enjoy some fun lunchtime activities to celebrate our home.
Google Expeditions has arrived at Concordia!
Thank you, Arizona Diamondbacks Foundation! We are in the process of getting our new classroom kit set up so our students can start exploring!
Happy New Year! January 2017
It’s hard to believe we are already into the new year, but we are cruising ahead here at Concordia Charter School! Here’s some highlights:
- Reptile Family Night- we will learn about the many different reptiles common to Arizona!
- Our 4th, 5th & 6th grade classes will visit Arizona State University for a Women’s Basketball game during a Sparky’s Kids to College field trip. This is an excellent opportunity to inspire our students to dream about their own future college and career goals!
- We had a BIG box delivered to the school this week… watch for more details soon!
- Our 100th day is January 23rd!!
December 2016- Wishing you very happy & healthy holidays!
THANK YOU to our amazing supporters who are helping make the holidays extra special for our families:
- First Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Desert Cross Lutheran Church
- Christmas Stocking Project Group
- Nationwide Vision
- Captain Bob & United Airlines Fantasy Flight
- Arizona State University & Sparky
We are on Winter Break from 12/21/16 to 1/3/2017.
Watch for some exciting news on our Google Expeditions Fundraiser in the coming weeks.
AZ Tax Credit Program- it’s time to think about this awesome program that gives AZ taxpayers a credit of up to $200 ($400 married couple) when they support extracurricular activites at their local schools! Click here for the 2016 Tax Credit Forms. Remember, all contributions must be received by 4/15/2017 in order to count towards 2016 tax returns. Contact us with any questions! THANKS for supporting Arizona’s children!
November 2016- We are so thankful!
We had a wonderful time at our annual Turkey Tuesday Family Night. THANK YOU generous donors- Sun Valley Masonry, Desert Cross Lutheran Church, and Al Bernstein of Nationwide Vision for your donations of food and “turkey money”! Each family received a turkey and had an opportunity to select grocery items to help make their holiday weekend extra special.
October 2016 News
Students and staff are busy every day! We have about 120 delightful students that continue to bless us with their energy and curiosity. After a refreshing Fall Break, we now look towards November and several amazing projects:
- Each of our classes are working towards READING goals, using the AR points system. Our overall school goal for Trimester 1 is 1,118 points and we’ve reached 45% of that goal! We’re so proud of our students and their families for encouraging good reading habits that will enrich a lifetime of learning!
- Planning for our “Turkey Tuesday” Family Night is underway, with a collection of food donations that will be shared with our families. Click here for more information.
- Concordia is also launching a fundraiser to purchase a Google Expeditions classroom kit, which will allow our students to participate in an awesome array of virtual field trips and experiences. Click here for more information on how you can help!
- Students continue to learn about healthy fruits and vegetables through our Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). October lessons include apples and pumpkins, and November’s lessons will focus on pomegranates and cranberries. Click here for more information on this DELICIOUS program
August 2016 News
We are in week 2 and everything is going great! Thanks to our parents, staff and supporters for helping us get on our way to a FANTASTIC school year!
July 2016 Updates
We are busy preparing for a new school year! The campus has been painted, carpets cleaned, and classrooms are being set up. Parents and students will be returning for Open House on Friday 8/5, and our first day of school is Monday 8/8. We look forward to seeing our beloved students return, and can’t wait to welcome our new students as well!
…are always in demand, but never as much as this time of year! We appreciate our many supporters that help stock our classrooms and give teachers all the resources they need to make a difference in the life of a child. Contact our office for more information on what supplies are most needed and how to arrange donations.
THANK YOU for supporting Concordia Charter School, Inc.